Bacon, cheddar, and egg–topped English muffins
SmartPoints® value per serving
You'll find yourself craving these savory, cheesy, delicious muffins the moment you wake up in the morning. This recipe is perfect designed for two, but of course you can scale up the ingredients and keep some on the counter to have a ready-made breakfast or snack for the next few days. These treats only take 15 minutes to put together, so you'll most likely be reaching for this recipe over and over again. And if you want to mix things up a little bit, you can top each English muffin half with a slice or two of tomato before adding the cheddar, bacon, and egg.
2 large egg(s)
Uncooked Canadian bacon
Whole wheat English muffin(s)
1 muffin(s), split and toasted
Low fat cheddar or colby cheese
1½ oz, 2 (3/4-ounce) slices
⅛ tsp(s), snipped
- Fill a medium skillet with 1 1⁄2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat so the water is barely simmering.
- Break each egg into a separate small cup. Slip the eggs, one at a time, into the water. Cook until the yolks just begin to set, about 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to paper towels to drain.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Canadian bacon and cook until heated through, about 1 1⁄2 minutes on each side.
- Place a muffin half on each of 2 plates and top each with a slice of cheddar. Top with 1 slice of bacon and 1 egg. Sprinkle with chives.
- Yields 1 topped muffin half per serving.