Avocado, Grapefruit & Apple with Poppy Seed Dressing
Fat free mayonnaise
Fresh lime juice
½ medium, ripe
1 medium, red, thinly sliced
1 tbsp(s), toasted
- Cut away the peel and all the yellow pith from the grapefruit. Hold the grapefruit over a bowl, then cut away the sections from the membranes, letting the sections and juice fall into the bowl. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the juices to a medium bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, poppy seeds, and salt to the grapefruit juice; mix well. With a slotted spoon remove the grapefruit from the remaining juice and add to the mayonnaise mixture (reserve the remaining grapefruit juice for another use).
- Peel and slice the avocado. Add the avocado and apple to the mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat.
- Arrange the lettuce on 6 plates. Spoon the salad (about 1⁄2 cup) onto each plate. Sprinkle with the pecans and serve at once.
- Per serving: 2 lettuce leaves with 1⁄2 cup salad