Apricot and pistachio rugelach
Dried apricot halves
Reduced fat crescent roll dough
Shelled pistachio nuts
¼ cup(s), finely chopped
1 large, lightly beaten with a pinch of salt
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add apricots and zest; cover and remove from heat. Set aside 15 minutes to soften. Discard zest; drain apricots, reserving a few tsp of water.
- Add apricots and brandy to a mini chopper or food processor; process until smooth, adding a tsp or two of reserved water, if necessary, to loosen mixture. Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll dough onto a large sheet of waxed paper. Press perforations and seams together. Cover with a second sheet of wax paper. Roll to a roughly 8- X 16-inch rectangle.
- Spread dough with apricot mixture, sprinkle with cinnamon and top with pistachios. Cut dough in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 12 strips widthwise to make 24 pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a little bundle; arrange on prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 cookie