Almond cloud cookies
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 45 min
1 hr 30 min
If you are comfortable using a pastry bag and tip, it will work like a charm for these cookies. Use a large star tip and pipe out 1 1/2-inch rosettes.
½ cup(s), sliced, blanched, finely ground
- Preheat oven to 250°C (176°F). Coat baking sheets with cooking spray; flour them lightly and shake off excess.
- Beat egg whites, salt and cinnamon until soft peaks form. Continue to beat while gradually adding the sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in almonds.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake about 1 1/2 hours until firm and dry.
- Store in airtight containers.
- Yields about 60 cookies; 2 cookies per serving.