WW Wellness Impact Award | WW Canada
A new initiative to empower community leaders and break down the barriers to wellness—for everyone.
Meet the 2021 winner!
Restoration and Empowerment for Social Transition (REST) Centres
Why we love them: Restoration and Empowerment for Social Transition is aiming to provide a truly healthier situation for Black youth in the Peel region. These kids primarily come out of foster care, urgently require and deserve safe housing, provision of their basic needs and food security, income support and skills training. We love that they’re focused on creating opportunities while taking away the burden of worrying about food at this time in their lives.
“With consideration for wellness, there is an inextricable link between health and the basic need of shelter. In fact, a report commissioned by Charity Intelligence Canada (2009), found the life expectancy of someone experiencing homelessness to be just 39. At REST Centres we are committed to address the social determinants of health, with the hope that it will ultimately lead to longer, healthier lives for the youth we serve.”
Thank you to all of our inspiring finalists
Shelley Cares Foundation
WISH Drop-In Centres
Every community deserves the resources for healthy living, but in the reality of today’s world, not every community has access to them.
In addition to our year-round work for communities in need within Canada, the WW Wellness Impact Award aims to uplift community-led solutions by selecting an organization to receive a $18,000 grant to help achieve their goals.
Amplifying the efforts of grassroots organizations
Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) communities are being disproportionately affected by COVID-19—which has also worsened pre-existing health inequities.
Plus when it comes to funding and support, BIPOC organizers and organizations are often overlooked—only 10% of grant dollars are going toward helping people of colour.
At WW, we believe that addressing these issues is imperative, and we’re dedicated to being a part of the solution. That’s why we’re committed to selecting an organization led by and dedicated to the advancement of wellness in communities of colour.
The award-winner will receive:
- A $18,000 grant
- Inclusion in WW’s targeted marketing campaigns
- Exposure to WW leadership and experts, plus our community of thousands
Winning organizations must be:
- A charitable organization, fiscally sponsored organization or mutual aid organization - with no political or religious affiliation and located in Canada.
- Notably run by BIPOC leadership or a BIPOC leader
- Focused on the needs of an individual community by keeping its voice and lived experience at the heart of all efforts
- Tangibly improving the lives and well being of individuals and communities using an evidence-based approach
- Democratizing holistic wellness in the areas of nutrition, fitness, mindset, or sleep
Questions? We have answers!
If you don’t see your question answered below, shoot us an email us at email@example.com.
with the subject line Canada - Wellness Impact Award. If you need assistance completing the application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.