Better Together Cruise Sweepstakes - Terms and Conditions | WW Canada
THE BETTER TOGETHER CANADA CONSUMER SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES - NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Better Together Canada Cruise Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 7/1/18 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 8/17/18 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Canada, who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Weight Watchers International, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), ShipShape, LLC, MSC Cruises, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and internet agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Void outside of Canada and where prohibited by law. All local and provincial/municipal laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, current active Members (as defined below) in participating areas only may refer friends who are not currently enrolled in the Weight Watchers program. For every individual that you refer that subsequently signs up for a Weight Watchers subscription in the meeting room by 8/17/18 and online by 9/1/18, you will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing. All entry components submitted during the Sweepstakes Period shall herein be referred to as the “Entry”. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “Member” is defined as an individual who has an active: (i) Weight Watchers Online subscription for a minimum of two weeks , (ii) Meetings + Online subscription (also known as Monthly Pass) for a minimum of two weeks: (iii) has an active pay-as-you-go membership who has not missed more than six (6) meetings as at the date of entry in the Sweepstakes and has attended at least six (6) meetings during the Sweepstakes Period; and (iv) is a Lifetime Member with a digital tools account. You may refer a friend in any of the following ways:
To Receive Referral URL via Email: Current Weight Watchers subscription Members [those enrolled in Online, Meetings + Online (also known as Monthly Pass)] who have opted in to receive email communication from the Sponsor will receive an email with a link to the invite page (https://www.weightwatchers.ca/invite). Members complete the Refer a Friend form by logging into their subscription account. Once the form is completed and submitted, you will be able to send an email notification to your friends inviting him/her to sign up for a Weight Watchers subscription plan. The individuals that you refer will need to register for a Weight Watchers subscription plan by 9/1/18 through the invite email that they receive. Upon completion of your friend signing up for a subscription plan and remaining a member for at least two (2) weeks, you will receive one (1) Entry into the Grand Prize drawing for each friend that signs up. In order for you to earn an Entry, your friend must sign up for a Weight Watchers subscription plan by 9/1/18 using the invite email that they receive (as a result of your invitation). You may only provide the names and email addresses of Canadian residents if you have a family or personal relationship with them. By providing their names and email addresses, you are confirming that you have such a family or personal relationship (or you are confirming that you are not providing any Canadian residents' names and email addresses). A "family relationship" means that you are related to the other individual through your immediate/extended family, a marriage, a common law partnership, or any legal parent-child relationship and have engaged in direct, voluntary, two-way communication with that individual. A "personal relationship" means that you engage or have engaged in direct, voluntary, two-way communications with the other individual and it would be reasonable to conclude you have a personal relationship, taking into consideration any relevant factors such as the sharing of interests, experiences, opinions and information evidenced in the communications, the frequency of communication, the length of time since you have communicated or whether you have met in person. If you do not have such family or personal relationship with each Canadian resident, you may be found in violation of Canadian law and subject to fines and penalties.
To Refer a Friend Online: Current Weight Watchers subscription Members [those enrolled in Online, Meetings + Online (also known as Monthly Pass),] can visit https://www.weightwatchers.ca/invite (“Website”) and select to complete the Refer a Friend form by logging into their subscription account. Once the form is completed and submitted, you will be able to send an email notification by 8/17/18 to your friend inviting him/her to sign up for a Weight Watchers subscription plan online by 9/1/18. Upon completion of your friend signing up for a subscription plan, you will receive one (1) Entry into the Grand Prize drawing for each friend that signs up and remains a member for at least two (2) weeks. In order for you to earn an Entry, your friend must sign up for a Weight Watchers subscription plan through the email communication they receive which will contain your Referral URL by 9/1/18.
To Refer a Friend in a Meeting Room: Current Weight Watchers Members [those enrolled in Meetings + Online, (also known as Monthly Pass), Pay-As-You-Go, Lifetime member] can bring their friends to their local participating Weight Watchers meetings location. While at the meeting, their referred friend can enroll in the Weight Watchers program by signing up for a Meetings + Online (also known as Monthly Pass), subscription in the meeting by 8/17/18. In order to enroll and earn an Entry, the Member and friend must complete a paper form and submit it to the staff during the meeting along with the friend’s Registration Form. Sponsor is not responsible for any forms that are misplaced or lost. Upon completion of their friend becoming a Member and staying with the program for at least 2 weeks and the referring Member’s paper form being submitted/processed, the referring Member will receive one (1) Entry into the Grand Prize drawing for each friend that becomes a Member.
Alternate Method of Entry: To Enter the Sweepstakes without Referring a Friend: You may earn a Sweepstakes Entry without being a Member or if you are a Meetings Member in a non-participating area, by hand printing your complete name, address, city, Province, Postal code, month/year of birth, email address and an essay of at least 100 words or more answering the following: What is your Better Together story? How has someone in your life contributed to your weight loss? Include this information and essay on a plain piece of 8 ½” x 11” paper, inserting it into an envelope, affixing sufficient postage and mailing it, in a hand-addressed envelope, to: The Better Together Canada Cruise Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7761, Melville, NY 11775-7761 USA. Each Entry must have a unique answer to the questions above and be mailed separately. All mail-in Entries must be postmarked by 8/17/18 and received by 9/1/18, to be eligible for the Grand Prize Random Drawing. Limit one Entry per envelope. No mechanically reproduced mailed Entries permitted. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, postage-due, misdirected Entries, or Entries not received in time for the random drawing(s).
Essay Parameters: Any Entry deemed inappropriate or containing unsuitable text, in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, includes references to sex, nudity, acts of violence or acts that may cause harm, contains any proper names, third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, sexual in nature, or is otherwise objectionable, will disqualify the entrant as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an essay qualifies as an Entry. All essays must be the sole, original work of the entrants and must be in English. By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites).
New Members who purchased a Membership in Canada during the Sweepstakes Period will be eligible to refer a friend and also enter the Sweepstakes, but they must be a Member for a minimum of two (2) weeks before they may refer a friend and enter the Sweepstakes. There is no limit to the number of friends you refer/complete membership registration/Entries you may receive regardless of method of Entry. All new Members (regardless of the method they used to register) during the Sweepstakes Period will need to remain Weight Watchers Members for at least two (2) weeks after they become Members in order for the original Member to receive an entry. All eligible referrals must be made by 11:59 pm ET on 8/17/18 and all Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on 9/1/18 (for a New Member to sign up) to be entered into the Grand Prize drawing (except Meeting Room Entries which need to be submitted by 11:59 pm ET on 8/17/18). Any attempt by any entrant/referred friend to enter/submit referrals/participate by using multiple/different email addresses, mailing addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage/data charges imposed by your online/phone service may apply.
4. PRIZE, AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Grand Prize (2): An eight (8) day/seven (7) night cruise for winner and one (1) guest to the San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Nassau, Bahamas aboard the Weight Watchers Cruise in an Ocean View Fantastica cabin (based on availability) from 11/10/18 through 11/17/18. Grand Prize includes round trip coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from the major airport nearest winner’s residence to Miami, FL USA; one (1) night’s hotel accommodations on the night prior to the cruise (based on double occupancy) at a Sponsor specified hotel; seven (7) nights’ accommodations in an Ocean View Fantastica cabin (based on double occupancy); ground transfers between airport and hotel, awarded in the form of a Sponsor specified USD$100 transportation gift card; and USD$1,000 spending money, awarded in the form of a check. The ARV of the Grand Prize is USD$6,450. If a winner is not able to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor he/she will have to forfeit the entire prize and an alternate winner will be selected. All taxes, gratuities, incidental expenses, meals, telephone calls, transportation and other costs and expenses relating to the use or acceptance of the Grand Prize not expressly listed are the sole responsibility of the winner. Guests of Grand Prize winners must be 21 years of age or older in order to travel. Travel insurance is not included. Grand Prize winners’ guests will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to departure. Grand Prize winners and his/her guests must possess valid travel documents (e.g., valid government-issued photo ID and passport, VISA, etc.) in order to travel and must travel on the same itinerary. Certain restrictions may apply. Seat selection and timing of trip is subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. In the event a Grand Prize winner or his/her guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send that Grand Prize winner and/or guest home with no further compensation to the Grand Prize winner.
Winners are responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with prize not specified herein as being awarded. Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a portion of a prize) with a prize of comparable or greater value if a prize (or a portion of a prize) is unavailable.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: Two (2) Grand Prize winners will be selected on or about 9/17/18 from all eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning a Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. If you are a Member at time of entry, to be eligible for the drawing, you must still be an active Member as of the drawing date. The drawing will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (at their offices in Melville, NY USA), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by email/phone on or about 9/24/18. The Sponsor will make three (3) phone and two (2) email attempts within a 72-hour period to reach the potential winners or the winners will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be chosen and notified in the same manner, time permitting. The potential winners will then be required to sign and return, via fax/email/mail, a Declaration of Compliance within three (3) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate may be chosen. Declaration will be sent via email and winners will need to return the Declaration within three (3) days of notification via fax or email and send the original Declaration back via mail. Winners must correctly answer unaided a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question as a condition to receiving prize. Winners’ referred Members must remain active Members for at least two (2) weeks after they become Members in order for the winner to receive the prize. Grand Prize winners must also agree not to announce their win prior to the Sponsor making the announcement.
7. GENERAL RULES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator. Decisions of Administrator/Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. All online Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address inputted at the time of Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes if any aspect of the Sweepstakes becomes technically corrupted, and award the Grand Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Sweepstakes process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor and its agencies and each party’s respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the Grand Prize. All entrants hereby release Sponsor, Administrator, their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, agencies, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Indemnitees"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Sweepstakes Indemnitees due to or arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes, or use of prize, or use of their name, or likeness. Participants and winners assume all liability for any injury, death, loss or damage of any kind caused by, or claimed to be caused by, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of prize won, or participation in any prize-related activities. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final. Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or announcement of prize or in the administration of the Sweepstakes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In no event will more than the stated prize be awarded. The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York in the U.S., without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in New York and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in New York in the U.S. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a promotion may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Prize is awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind by Sponsor and Administrator, express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all guarantees and warrantees on prize that are goods or services are subject to the manufacturer’s or service provider’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to said manufacturer or service provider for any such guarantee or warranty claim.
9. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right and permission to use entrant’s name and/or picture and/or likeness, essay (if applicable) or biographical information or voice and address/location, for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without any further compensation, consideration, permission or notification except where prohibited by law.
10. WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after 11/9/18, send a 3”x5” paper with your complete name and address by 12/8/18, to: The Better Together Canada Cruise Sweepstakes Winners, c/o Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (Attn: LH), 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.
11. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Weight Watchers International, Inc., 2295 Bristol Cir Suite 200, Oakville, ON L6H 6P8, Canada. The Administrator of this Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.