Tuscan Kale and White Bean Soup
This super simple soup is hearty, full of flavour, and easy!
- 4 slice(s) uncooked bacon, smoked
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 2 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, finely chopped
- 1 large uncooked carrot(s), finely chopped
- 4 bunch(es) uncooked kale, chopped
- 15 oz canned cannellini beans (1 can)
- 8 cup(s) fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme
- Set a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add chopped bacon and sauté for 5 minutes until cooked down and fat rendered.
- Add the garlic, chili flakes, onion, celery, and carrots. Sautee for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped kale, beans and broth, and thyme and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve in bowls.
Serving Size: 2 cups