Tagliatelle with Spinach, Broccoli Rabe, and Egg (TEST)
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy | SmartPoints: 12
A poached egg creates a rich sauce for this light but super-flavourful sauté of pasta, spinach and broccoli rabe.
- 1 pound(s) uncooked pasta, use Tagliatelle
- 2 pound(s) uncooked broccoli rabe (2 bunches) washed, dried, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 oz fresh spinach, use baby spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cup(s) canned chicken broth, or chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp low fat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large egg(s), poached
- Fill a large soup pot with salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Add tagliatelle and broccoli rabe and cook for 5-6 minutes or until pasta is done. Drain and reserve. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes until garlic is softened. Add spinach and toss to wilt. Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Swirl in cream cheese and lemon juice. Toss in pasta and broccoli rabe and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into shallow bowls and top with one poached egg and 1 tsp fresh grated parmesan.