Spicy Turkey Sausage Lentil Soup
This easy, hearty, and flavourful soup featuring lentils (a zero Points food hero!) is a satisfying crowd-pleaser!
- 4 link(s) uncooked sweet Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 sprig(s) fresh thyme, picked
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 medium uncooked carrot(s), chopped
- 2 rib(s), small uncooked celery, chopped
- 3 cup(s) canned diced tomatoes
- 5 cup(s) fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) cooked lentils
- 1 cup(s) cooked corn kernels
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 1 sprig(s) fresh parsley, for garnish
- Set a large stock pot over medium high heat. Sauté turkey sausage until nearly cooked through.
- Add spices, garlic, onion, celery and carrot.
- Add broth and diced tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add lentils, corn and spinach and simmer for 5 minutes more. Serve and garnish with parsley.
Serving Size: 2 cups; yield 12 cups total