SmartPoints: 2 | Prep Time:15 min | Cook Time: 11 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Moderate
Vegetarian cuisine that never tasted so good! This fabulous combination of pine nuts, seared tofu and Swiss chard will excite your taste buds.
- 4 tsp pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz firm tofu, drained and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 6 cup(s) uncooked Swiss chard, fresh, rinsed well and chopped
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add pine nuts and sauté until golden brown, shaking the pan often to prevent burning, about 3 minutes; remove pine nuts from pan and set aside.
- Combine soy sauce and pepper in a shallow dish. Add tofu; turn to coat.
- Heat oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu and sear until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove tofu from pan using a spatula and cover with foil to keep warm; set aside.
- Add garlic to the same pan and sauté until just golden, about 2 minutes; add Swiss chard and cook until wilted, about 30 seconds. Transfer Swiss chard to individual plates and top with seared tofu and pine nuts. Yields about 2 slices of tofu, 3/4 cup of Swiss chard and 1 teaspoon of pine nuts per serving.