|Prep Time: 0:05||Cook Time: 0:18||Serves: 10|
We take traditional brittle to healthier heights using quinoa and oats. This simple snack is a cinch to make and can be eaten on its own, crumbled over fat-free yogourt or ice cream, or as an additive to oatmeal or sweeter salads.
Cooking time may change due to your oven, so be sure to take a peek at it at the 15 minute mark. You will know it’s ready when it smells nutty, is hard to the touch and solid.
Serving size is 20 grams, or about a tenth of the entire recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup(s) uncooked quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup(s) uncooked rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp dried chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F, and line a large (at least 8x10”) baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, oats, chia seeds, and brown sugar; mix well
- Set a small saucepan over medium heat and combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Warm through until fully combined.
- Pour the warmed oil and syrup mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to combine fully
- Spread the mixture evenly on the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15- 18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before breaking into 10 pieces
Serving Size: 20g