Summertime barbecues often mean burgers, but if you are a vegetarian, or looking to avoid meat, sometimes you get relegated to a cardboard-like tasteless frozen veggie patty, and no one wants that! For your next summer gathering opt to make your own veggie burgers – well worth the effort! In our version we used lentils (a great zero Points® food option to make things ‘meatier’), quinoa, and sautéed mushrooms for an extra umami punch. Top with your favourite burger toppings, or enjoy over a bed of mixed greens.
Quinoa and Lentil Veggie Burgers
|Prep time: 1:10||Cook time: 0:02||Serves: 6|
- 2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup lentil
- 2 Tbsp caramelized onion
- 4 Tbsp mushrooms, sautéed
- 1 tsp oregano
- pinch salt + pepper
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 6 Weight Watchers sandwich thin
- Combine the booked quinoa and lentils. Mash with the back of a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine. Form into six 4 oz patties. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Sear for two minutes per side in batches.