|Prep time: 0:05||Cook time: 0:22||Serves: 4|
Quick Madras Lentils
Looking for a ridiculously easy and fast weeknight dinner? Then this is for you! Without sacrificing flavour or nutrition, this one-pot wonder is easy-to-assemble, and you may have most of the ingredients on-hand already. This plant-based dish is suitable for vegans and vegetarians, but hearty enough that carnivores won’t miss the meat! One serving (1 ¼ cups) has 9 grams of protein and 8 grams of fibre so it will help you feel fuller for longer. Try pairing with brown rice (½ cup add 4 SmartPoints), or whole wheat naan (1 piece add 6 SmartPoints) or enjoy it with a heaping helping of steamed zero Points veggies!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 30 ml Patak's Easy Madras Curry Paste for Two
- 3 cup(s) canned tomatoes (1 large 796ml can)
- 1 cup(s) fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup(s) cooked lentils
- 1⁄2 cup(s) canned chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- Set a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add the oil and onion and sauté until translucent; 5 minutes, add the curry paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and broth. Bring to a quick boil; reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes; stir in the lentils and chickpeas.
- Remove from heat and serve to your liking. Top with chopped cilantro.
Serving Size: 1.25 cups