Pepper and Mushroom Kabobs with a Yogurt-Dill Dip
SmartPoints: 0 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
Are you bored with plain grilled vegetables? Our garlic-dill infused yogurt and sour cream dip will have them begging for seconds - and thirds.
- 1 clove(s) garlic clove(s)
- 1⁄8 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp dill, minced
- 1⁄4 cup(s) fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt
- 3 medium sweet red pepper(s), or a combination of red, yellow and green peppers
- 16 small cremini mushroom(s), or white mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 tsp table salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- To prepare dip, mash garlic and 1/8 teaspoon of salt together in a small serving bowl with a serrated spoon or a utensil with a sharp edge. Stir in dill, sour cream and yogurt; set aside.
- Preheat grill to high. To prepare kabobs, core and seed each pepper; cut each into 8 chunks. Arrange 3 pieces of pepper and 2 mushrooms on each of eight 12-inch metal skewers. Lightly coat kabobs with cooking spray; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill kabobs until peppers are tender and lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side. Serve kabobs with dip. Yields 1 kabob and about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dip per serving.
For a flavour boost, stir 1 teaspoon of freshly minced chives into the dip.