No-Butter Chicken with Jasmine Rice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), diced
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, minced
- 3 tsp garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 breast(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cubed
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp table salt
- 3 Tbsp canned unsalted tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup(s) fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup(s) light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 cup(s) cooked Jasmine rice
- Set a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Sauté onion in oil until almost tender.
- Add ginger and garlic cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook few minutes until surface is cooked.
- Add spices and toast 1 minute. Mix in tomato paste.
- Add yogourt and chicken stock, and coconut milk. Mix well.
- Cover and let simmer/reduce until chicken is cooked through. Approx. 10-15 min.
- Serve with rice; garnish with cilantro
Serving Size: 1/2 cup butter chicken, 1/2 cup rice