Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy | SmartPoints: 7
You can make this delicious Chinese favourite at home — by using flour tortillas instead of authentic pancakes, you’ll have it on the table faster than delivery.
- 8 oz uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef, cut into thin strips
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 3 clove(s)garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 Tbsp sherry cooking wine
- 2 cup(s) uncooked Chinese cabbage, or Napa, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup(s) canned bamboo shoots, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3cup(s) canned straw mushrooms, drained and sliced
- 1 large egg white(s), beaten
- 12 medium fat free flour tortilla(s), heated
- 1⁄2 cup(s) hoisin sauce
- Mix beef with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok. Add scallions and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add beef; brown, 2 minutes. Add remaining soy sauce and sherry. Cook 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, bamboo shoots and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg white and cook 2 minutes.
- To serve: Place a heated tortilla on a plate. Spread 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce on tortilla and then place 3 tablespoons beef filling on top of sauce. Roll up, folding in one end to seal in mixture. Yields 2 filled tortillas per serving.