2 SmartPoints | Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 12 min | Serves: 18
Set out a tray of these onebite meatballs and let everyone dip them into a bowl of our minty yogourt sauce.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked 90% lean ground beef (450 g)
- 1 large egg(s), finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley (45 ml) finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves (22 ml) minced
- 1 clove(s), mediumgarlic clove(s), grated
- 1 small uncooked onion(s)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp paprika (7 ml)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (5 ml)
- 1 tsp ground coriander (5 ml)
- 1 tsp table salt (5 ml)
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon (2 ml)
- 1⁄4 tsp ground allspice (1 ml)
- 1 1⁄2 cup(s) plain low fat Greek yogurt (375 ml)
- 3 clove(s), mediumgarlic clove(s), minced
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (22 ml)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp fresh mint leaves (7 ml) finely chopped
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place a cooling rack inside a rimmed baking sheet; coat with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, use clean hands to combine beef through allspice (don’t overmix or meatballs will be tough).
Using 15 ml (1 Tbsp) mixture at a time, gently form into 36 meatballs; place on prepared rack in pan. Bake until browned and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients for dip.