Mexican Scrambled Egg Sandwiches
SmartPoints: 5 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 3 min | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
Spice up your breakfast routine with this easy egg sandwich. Change up the flavour with spicy or green salsa.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 6 large egg(s)
- 4 item(s) egg white(s)
- 3 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp table salt
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3⁄4 cup(s) fat free salsa, chunky variety
- 6 item(s) light English muffin, split and toasted
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. In a bowl, beat together eggs, egg whites, scallions, cilantro, salt and pepper until blended; pour into skillet and scramble just until barely set, about 2 1/2 minutes (egg mixture should still be slightly wet; be careful not to overcook).
- Remove from heat and gently fold in salsa.
- Place 1/6 of eggs on top of each muffin bottom. Top with muffin tops. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.
Want to eat it on the run? Wrap it up in whole grain flour tortilla and make a breakfast burrito instead (might affect PointsPlus values). Add fresh sliced tomato, sliced water-packed roasted red peppers and/or jalapeno slices, if desired.