|Prep time: 0:10||Cook time: 0:25||Serves: 4|
Mediterranean Stuffed Turkey Breast
So, this beautiful main course show-stopper looks complicated, but it is actually incredibly easy (but that can be our secret!). Using one of our favourite zero Points® foods – skinless turkey breast – this roulade (fancy word for roll) is a great centrepiece to your next family dinner. We’ve stuffed it with high-impact flavourful ingredients so you can get away with using less, but still get the same bang for your SmartPoints-buck.
- 1 pound(s) raw skinless turkey breast, butterflied
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes (without oil), minced
- 8 large olive(s), pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 6 spear(s), medium uncooked asparagus
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butterfly the turkey breasts to create two even filets and place between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat tenderizer, pound until the turkey is approximately 1 cm thick.
- Mix together the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, oregano, and garlic.
- Layer 1 Tbsp goat cheese, 3 asparagus spears, and half of the sun-dried tomato mixture down the middle of each breast.
- Roll the turkey around the filling and secure with three ties of twine. Repeat with remaining breast and filling.
- Set a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and sear the roulades, starting with the seam-side down. Brown all sides (about 5 minutes) then place the roulades in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. Let rest for five minutes, and then slice into medallions.