SmartPoints: 3 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
This savory dish is perfect to make when you think your fridge is bare –it pulls together with pantry or fridge-door staples. Make double to pack for lunch tomorrow!
- 1⁄2 cup(s) water
- 1⁄2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup(s) uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 4 Tbsp marinated artichokes, drained, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp uncooked shallot(s) (1 medium)
- 2 Tbsp reduce fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp mint leaves, minced (optional)
- 1 cup(s) fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), drained and rinsed
- 8 large olive(s), Kalamata kind
- 1⁄2 cup(s) canned chickpeas (undrained), drained and rinsed
- Whisk together water, Dijon mustard, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stir in cous cous, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Coarsely chop roasted peppers and artichoke hearts. Fluff cous cous with a fork and stir in roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, olives, chickpeas, shallot, feta, and mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature over baby spinach.
Just about any fresh herbs you have on hand would be fine substitutes for the mint… try parsley, chives, basil, tarragon, or cilantro