|Prep time: 0:05||Cook time: 0:08||Serves: 1|
- 2 tsp oil, divided
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 oz beef, steak, lean, cooked (round or loin cuts with all visible fat trimmed)
- 3 eggs, whole
- 1 Tbsp milk, 2%
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 medium scallion, sliced
- pinch red pepper flaked, crushed
- 1 Tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp chives, chopped (garnish)
- Heat a small non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 1 tsp oil and sauté the mushrooms and steak until mushrooms are cooked and steak is warmed-through. Remove the mushrooms and steak from the pan and set back over medium-low heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk thoroughly.
- Add remaining 1 tsp oil to pan and add in the egg mixture. Stir vigorously and then let set around the edges.
- While the centre is still slightly runny add the steak, mushrooms, scallions, red pepper flakes, and cheddar.
- Once the omelette is nearly set fold over in half and slide out of pan
- Garnish with parsley, chives, and salt and pepper to taste.