Flank Steak Citrus Salad
|Prep Time: 0:20||Cook Time: 0:09||Serves: 4|
This lettuce-free salad is a unique blend of textures and flavours: chili-lime rubbed steak, juicy clementines and chewy but tender bulgur.
- 1⁄2 medium fresh lime(s), or 1 small
- 12 oz uncooked lean flank steak
- 1⁄2 tsp chili powder
- 2 large clementine(s), seedless
- 1⁄4 cup(s)cilantro, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper(s), cored, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), minced
- 1⁄4 cup(s) unsweetened orange juice
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1⁄4 tsp table salt
- 2 cup(s) cooked bulgur, at room temperature
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat broiler. Squeeze lime over both sides of steak; sprinkle with chili powder and rub with your hands. Place steak on a broiler pan and broil, 4 inches from heat, until medium-rare, about 4 to 5 minutes per side, or longer for desired degree of doneness. Let steak rest for a few minutes and then thinly slice against grain.
- Meanwhile, separate clemetines into segments and roughly chop; place in a medium bowl and toss with cilantro, jalapeño and scallions.
- In a cup, stir together orange juice, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; set aside. Add steak to bowl with clementine mixture and pour juice mixture over top; toss well and serve over bulgur. Yields about 2 1/2 oz steak, 1/2 cup bulgur, 1/3 cup fruit mixture and 1 1/2 Tbsp dressing per serving.