Fall Harvest Salad with Cider Vinaigrette
|Prep Time: 0:20||Cook Time: 0||Serves: 6|
This salad has a lovely balance of flavours and textures. Add grilled chicken to make it a main dish.
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp apple cider (fermented)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp uncooked shallot(s), chopped
- 6 cup(s) mixed greens
- 6 cup(s) uncooked radicchio, thinly sliced
- 3 medium fresh apple(s), Honeycrisp, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1⁄2cup(s)uncooked celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3cup(s)chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄3cup(s)blue cheese, crumbled
- To make vinaigrette, in a medium bowl, whisk together maple syrup, apple cider, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; slowly drizzle in oil and continue whisking to blend. Stir shallots into dressing; set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together greens, radicchio, apples and celery.
- When ready to serve, give vinaigrette a stir and toss with salad; serve garnished with pecans and blue cheese.
Serving size: 2 cups salad mixture and 1 Tbsp vinaigrette