|Prep Time: 15 min||Cook Time: 5 hr 15 min||Serves: 4|
Paella is a dish that is sure to impress. The golden-hued rice studded with tender chicken and vegetables and made fragrant with herbs transports you to the Valencia region in Spain, from where it originates.
Typically prepared in a large, shallow pan, over open flame, it is a meal tended and enjoyed by the whole family. Our version keeps the classic Spanish flavours, while being low in calories and prepared in a slow cooker, so there's no need to sweat it out in the kitchen or gym to enjoy this Spanish classic.
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s), four 4 oz thighs
- 2 medium fresh tomato(es), chopped
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 item(s) uncooked bell pepper(s), chopped
- 1⁄2 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 3 clove(s) garlic clove(s), chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1⁄3 cup(s) frozen green peas
- 2 cup(s) cooked white rice
- Place chicken, tomatoes, onion, pepper, broth, garlic, oregano and turmeric in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker (crockpot). Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours.
- Add peas and rice; cook, uncovered, until peas are tender, about 15 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving (includes 1 chicken thigh per serving).