Chicken and Orange Salad
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: -- | Serves: 2 | Difficulty: Easy | SmartPoints: 5
Get a delicious vitamin C-boost with this citrusy salad. Vary the fruit by subbing two tangerines or seedless clementines for the orange.
- 2 cup(s) romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped or torn
- 5 oz cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium orange(s), white pith removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 small uncooked shallot(s), minced
- 1 rib(s) uncooked celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds, Dressing
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp water
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1⁄4 tsp table salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, orange, shallot, celery and almonds.
- To make dressing, combine remaining ingredients in a cup; stir well to blend in honey. Pour dressing over salad just before serving; toss gently but well.