Butternut Squash Lasagna with Turkey Ragu
|Prep Time: 0:20||Cook Time: 1:00||Serves: 9|
Swap out noodles and use layers of butternut squash instead, to make this a tasty and low SmartPoints main course.
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), finely chopped
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), diced
- 1 rib(s), small uncooked celery, diced
- 1 large uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound(s) cooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- 2 cup(s) canned salted tomato puree, 500ml (passata)
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp rosemary (1 sprig)
- 1 pound(s) uncooked butternut squash (1 large)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 item(s) whole hard boiled egg(s), grated
- 2 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Set a large frying pan over medium heat; add garlic, onion, celery, carrot, and hot red pepper flakes and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add ground turkey and brown well. Add passata, salt, pepper, and whole rosemary sprig and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel and cut butternut squash into thin (approx. 0.5 cm) strips or discs.
- In a large baking dish, arrange squash strips to create a base. In batches, layer the sauce, egg, spinach, and ricotta cheese. Top with another layer of squash and repeat 3 or 4 times. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes.