Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins
- Cooking spray
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 can (14 oz/398 ml) cream-style corn
- ¼ cup sunflower or safflower oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside (or use paper liners).
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together corn, oil, honey, egg, lemon juice and zest. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in blueberries – do not overmix.
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared cups and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean (or just with a few mist crumbs). Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin