SmartPoints: 3 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 13 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
This flavourful frittata is the perfect brunch, lunch or light supper dish.
- 1⁄2 pound(s) uncooked new potato(es), washed and very thinly sliced (about 4 potatoes)
- 1 pound(s) uncooked asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 1⁄2 tsp table salt
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chives, fresh, chopped
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- Place potatoes in a steamer; steam until almost tender, about 3 minutes. Add asparagus and steam for 1 minute more; remove vegetables from steamer and set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk together eggs, egg substitute, salt, pepper and chives.
- Coat a 10-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add potatoes and asparagus and sauté for 2 minutes; reduce heat to low and stir in eggs. Cover and let cook until eggs are set around edges, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover and broil frittata until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges and serve.