OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. Sweepstakes Timing: The We are WW Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes") begins 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 9/24/2018 and ends 12:00 p.m. ET on 9/26/2018 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are WW members as of 9/23/2018. Employees of WW North America Holdings, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and internet agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. To Enter the Sweepstakes: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must have an Instagram or Twitter account and have your account settings set to public (not private) and be a follower of the WW (@WW) Instagram or Twitter account. An Instagram or Twitter account can be opened for free by downloading the Instagram or Twitter application from the Apple App Store or Google Play. To enter the Sweepstakes on Instagram or Twitter you must post a screenshot of the Sweepstakes announcement post that the Sponsor will make on Instagram & Twitter at the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period and include the hashtag #WeareWWSweepstakes (“Content”) to receive one entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing. Entries must be complete to be eligible.
If your Content does not include a screenshot of the Sweepstakes announcement and the specified hashtag, you will not be entered into the random drawing. By posting Content during the Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that you are a legal resident of the 50 U.S., or D.C., who is 21 years of age or older and a WW member as of 9/23/2018, and you have read and agree to these Official Rules. Any Content deemed inappropriate or containing unsuitable material, in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified. Any Content or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or violates any proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, sexual in nature, or is otherwise objectionable, will disqualify the entry as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Instagram and Twitter are not affiliated with the Sweepstakes in any way and are not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the prize. No endorsement or approval of Sweepstakes by Instagram or Twitter is expressed or implied. Entrant posts relating to the Sweepstakes represent solely the views and opinions of the individual entrant and do not reflect the views and opinions of the Sponsor in any manner. The Sponsor acts as a passive conduit for the posting and publication of such Content and has no obligation to screen, monitor or review the content of posts and entries relating to the Sweepstakes and expressly disclaims any and all liability in conjunction with any such activities. Entries will not be judged.
Standard data fees/rates may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. Rights: Once submitted, Content becomes the sole property of Sponsor (subject only to the rights of Instagram and/or Twitter) and cannot be modified by entrant. By submitting an entry/Content, each entrant gives permission (and warrants and represents that he/she has obtained all rights necessary from third parties to give such permission and grant the license herein described) to Sponsor and its licensees, sublicensees, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Rights Holders”), the exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicenseable right and license (including but not limited to, all intellectual property and proprietary rights including without limitation patents, trademarks, and copyrights) to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce, manufacture, construct, tailor, distribute, sell, offer to sell, import and/or otherwise exploit the entry/Content in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised (collectively, the “License”). The rights granted pursuant to the License shall also include, without limitation, the right to: (a) change, alter, distort, edit or revise the entry/Content, or any part thereof; and (b) make derivative works based on the entry/Content, or any part thereof. Entrant agrees to sign any documents required by Sponsor upon request (and without compensation) to confirm such License. The preceding grant of rights is expressly made subject to any rights retained by Instagram/Twitter. Entrant further agrees that: (a) Sponsor does not owe him/her a duty of confidence (or fiduciary duty or the like) and that he/she has no expectation of privacy as to his/her entry/Content; and (b) Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories, designs and other literary/artistic materials submitted to it from outside sources or being developed by its own employees and that such ideas/stories/designs/literary/artistic materials may be competitive with, similar to (or even identical to) his/her entry/Content and that Sponsor shall have no liability to entrant or any third party in conjunction therewith.
Sponsor grants to each qualified entrant a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable right to use its and/or its licensor's trademarks solely for purposes of and limited to their entry/Content submitted in this Sweepstakes; such right and license will automatically expire without further act of any party at the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period, unless specifically extended on an individual basis by Sponsor in writing in its sole discretion. Any other use of Sponsor’s and/or its licensors’ trademarks will be a violation of Sponsor’s or its applicable licensors’ intellectual property rights.
5. Random Drawing: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing, held on or about 9/26/2018 (after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period), from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be declared the official winner of the Sweepstakes.
6. Winner Notification: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via direct message on Instagram or Twitter from @WW). The Direct Message will include an email address and/or phone number that the potential winner will need to contact within twenty-four (24) hours from the Direct Message being sent. If the potential winner does not respond to Direct Message within the twenty-four (24) hour timeframe of the Direct Message, an alternate will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received, time permitting. The Grand Prize winner will then be required to sign and return, via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) and assignment of rights, within twenty-four (24) hours of notification attempt or Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be chosen, time permitting, by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate potential winner selection, time permitting, by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. Grand Prize and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Grand Prize - One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. Grand Prize winner will receive a three (3) day/two (2) night trip for winner and one travel companion to New York City, NY from 10/4/2018-10/6/2018; trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation between major airport nearest winner's home determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion and New York, NY, two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (double occupancy) at a hotel in New York, NY determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion, tickets to a Sponsor specified concert on 10/4/2018, $250 spending money awarded in the form of a check and $500 to help defray taxes awarded as a check to the winner only (collectively, “Grand Prize”). The ARV the Grand Prize is $4,150; actual retail value may vary depending on winner’s city of departure and any difference in value will not be awarded. If Grand prize winner is not able to travel on dates specified above, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be chosen, time permitting. Travel companion of winner must be 21 years of age or older and will be required to execute a release of liability prior to travel. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid government issued photo ID) in order to travel. Failure to obtain required travel documents by Grand Prize winner or travel companion may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize and alternate potential winner selection, time permitting, by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, insurance, telephone charges, room service and laundry services, personal expenses, gratuities, entertainment, transfers, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, ground transportation and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to award ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if the Grand Prize winner resides within one hundred fifty (150) miles of New York, NY and any difference in value will not be awarded.
In the event the Grand Prize Winner and/or travel companion engage in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send the Grand Prize Winner and/or travel companion home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for Grand Prize (or portion thereof) will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to Grand Prize unavailability for any reason; and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value (or equal intrinsic value) will be awarded and the Sponsor's obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the Grand Prize (or portion thereof). All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner.
8. General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator. Decisions of Administrator/Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. All entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address inputted at the time of entry or associated with the Twitter or Instagram account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes if any aspect of the Sweepstakes becomes technically corrupted, and award the Grand Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Sweepstakes process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor and its agencies and each party’s respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the prize. All entrants hereby release Sponsor, Administrator, their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, agencies, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Indemnitees"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Sweepstakes Indemnitees due to or arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes, or use of any prizes, or use of their name, or likeness. Participants and winners assume all liability for any injury, death, loss or damage of any kind caused by, or claimed to be caused by, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of prize won, or participation in any prize-related activities. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final. Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or announcement of the prize or in the administration of the Sweepstakes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in New York and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in New York.
9. Limitation of Liability: Prize is awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind by Sponsor and Administrator, express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all guarantees and warrantees on prizes that are goods or services are subject to the manufacturer’s or service provider’s terms and conditions, and winner agrees to look solely to said manufacturer or service provider for any such guarantee or warranty claim.
10. Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right and permission to use entrant’s name and/or picture and/or likeness, Content (if applicable) or biographical information or voice and address/location, for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without any further compensation, consideration, permission or notification except where prohibited by law.
11. Winner’s List: For the winner’s list, available after 10/15/2018, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The We are WW Sweepstakes Winner, c/o Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (Attn: MB), 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
12. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is WW North America Holdings, Inc., 675 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010. The Administrator of this Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Instagram or Twitter. You understand you are providing your information to Sponsor and not Instagram or Twitter.