The Share the Gift of Health with WW Contest
OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Share the Gift of Health with WW (“Contest”) begins at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on November 16, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2018 (“Contest Period”) and consists of two (2) separate periods. The Sign Up Period begins at at 8:00 p.m. EST on November 16, 2018 and ends at 8:00 p.m. EST on December 16, 2018 (“Sign Up Period”). The Online Submission Period begins at 8:00 p.m. EST on November 16, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2018 (“Submission Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older. Employees of WW North America Holdings, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), OWN LLC, Harpo, Inc., and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and internet agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter the Contest, as follows:
• IF YOU ARE A CURRENT WW MEMBER: If you are a current WW Member, you must first refer a friend who is not currently enrolled in the WW program. To do so, you must use the WW application on your web enabled mobile device or visit the My Day page on www.ww.com. Then, follow the instructions within the “Invite A Friend” section of the WW Application or within the “My Day” page on www.ww.com to either send your friend an email inviting them to sign up for WW, or generate a unique URL which your friend can use to sign up. Your friend must then sign up for a WW subscription membership during the Sign Up Period. You will receive an email inviting you to enter the Contest (the “Contest Email”) within seven (7) days after your friend signs up for a WW membership. To enter, follow the instructions in the Contest email to click on the link in the email and complete all required fields on the online entry form including submission of your original 500-character (or fewer) essay telling us how and why you are sharing the gift of health with yourself, with family or friends this holiday season (“Essay”) and uploading your headshot (“Photograph”) to receive one entry (the “Entry”).
• IF YOU ARE NOT A CURRENT WW MEMBER: All new Members who sign up for a WW subscription membership during the Sign Up Period will receive the Contest Email within seven (7) days upon signing up. To enter, follow the instructions in the Contest email to click on the link in the email and complete all required fields on the online entry form including submission of your Essay and uploading your Photograph to receive one Entry.
• ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY FOR COLORADO, MARYLAND, VERMONT, NEW JERSEY AND TENNESSEE RESIDENTS ONLY: TO ENTER THE CONTEST WITHOUT REFERRING A FRIEND OR SIGNING UP FOR WW: To participate via the alternate method of entry, you must be a legal United States resident, residing in Colorado, Maryland, Vermont, New Jersey, or Tennessee. To enter without referring a friend or signing up for a WW monthly subscription membership, hand print your complete name, address, city, state (must be Colorado, Maryland, Vermont, New Jersey, or Tennessee), zip code, month/year of birth, email address, your Essay on a plain piece of 8 ½” x 11” paper, and include your printed Photograph (in color, no smaller than 2x3 and no larger than 5x7), insert them all into an envelope, affixing sufficient postage and mailing it, in a hand-addressed envelope, to: Share the Gift of Health with WW, 675 6th Avenue, New York, NY 10010 to receive one (1) Entry. Each Entry must have a unique Essay and be mailed separately. All mail-in Entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2018 and received by January 7, 2019. No mechanically reproduced mailed Entries permitted. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, postage-due, misdirected Entries, or Entries not received in time for the judging.
For the purposes of this Contest, a “Member” is defined as an individual who: (i) has an active Digital, Digital + Personal Coaching, Digital + Studio (also known as Monthly Pass) or Total Access subscription; and (ii) is a Lifetime Member with a Digital tools account. Uploaded Photographs must be in one of the following formats: .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif and be under 20MB. Collectively, all components referred to herein as the “Entry”. Normal Internet/phone access and data/usage charges imposed by entrants’ online/phone service will apply and are entrants’ sole responsibility. All components of Entry must be included and complete for the Entry to be eligible. Each entrant attests that he/she has made all those depicted in the Entry aware that he/she is submitting an Entry containing them in this Contest, and all depicted have agreed that entrant may submit such Entry, provided that no Entry shall contain any depictions or other images of minors. Further, the entrants who are determined as Grand Prize winners may need to obtain a release from those depicted in their Entry, if applicable prior to being confirmed official winners. Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged entries. No correspondence will be acknowledged or entered into. Slides or transparencies are not eligible. Limit one (1) Entry per person, regardless of method of Entry. All Entries must be in English. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Headshot should be a recent Photograph with a clear image of the entrant’s face on a light colored background. In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that any Entry contains content that does not comply with these Official Rules or does not otherwise comply with regulatory guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entry or, if Sponsor determines, edit the content of the submission. All Entries must comply with these Official Rules and the registration instructions in order to be eligible. All Entries must be non-professional and the sole, original work of the entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize any portion of the Entry, including the Essay and/or Photograph, from any other source. Entries may not have been published previously or have been submitted in any other competition. The entrant must own all rights in and to the Essay and Photograph and upon entry submission assign all rights to Sponsor. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image, or desired image, or they will be disqualified. Entries may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate images or text; and may not include nudity, acts of violence, acts that appear to cause injury or harm, or acts that are illegal or dangerous, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries may not contain any third-party materials, and may not contain any materials that, violate or infringe (or may be at risk of infringing) any third-party rights, including without limitation copyright, trademark rights, privacy rights (including portrayal in a false light), publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights. Photographs should not contain logos (other than WW), marks that identify a brand, or other personal or proprietary materials of any entity or person living or deceased. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Entry is eligible. Any Entry that violates this section or is otherwise objectionable (as determined solely by Sponsor), will not be considered and will be disqualified. Entries must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in sole determination of the Administrator and/or Sponsor. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries will be disqualified.
5. JUDGING: All Entries will be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives on or about January 11, 2019, based on the following criteria:
- 40% - Relevance to Theme;
- 30% -Essay Clarity;
- 30% - Uniqueness.
Decisions of Sponsor (the “judges”) are final with respect to all matters relating to judging. By participating, entrants agree to the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
The Entries that receive the highest scores from the judges will be determined Grand Prize winners, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on Relevance to Theme (100%).
6. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Grand Prize [10 total] – A 6-day/5-night trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Maui, Hawaii on Sponsor-selected dates in June 2019. Trip includes round-trip economy class air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s home to Maui; five (5) nights’ hotel accommodations (one room – based on double occupancy); ground transportation between hotel/airport; the opportunity to attend a Sponsor-selected meal at Oprah’s private residence (based on Oprah’s availability); a check for $500 made payable to the winner to be used towards spending money; and a $1,300 check made payable to the winner to be used to help offset taxes (ARV: $9,000 each). Actual retail value of the Grand Prize will vary depending on each Grand Prize winner’s point of departure/return. All details of the meal with Oprah are in Sponsor’s/Oprah’s sole discretion. In the event Oprah is unavailable to attend the meal, that portion of the prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. In the event any Grand Prize winner or his/her guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to eject winner and guest from meeting with Oprah and/or terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send that Grand Prize winner and/or guest home with no further compensation to that Grand Prize winner. If winner is not able to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor in June 2019, he/she will have to forfeit the entire prize and an alternate winner will be determined. Grand Prize winners and their respective guest must possess valid travel documents (e.g., valid government-issued photo ID) in order to travel and must travel on the same itinerary. Certain restrictions may apply. Seat selection and timing of trip is subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. In the event a winner lives within a 200-mile radius of Maui, he/she will receive round-trip ground transportation in lieu of the air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided. Limit one prize per person/household.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by email/phone and will then be required to sign and return, via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity release (except where prohibited by law) and assignment of rights, within three (3) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate may be determined. Affidavits will be sent via email and winners will need to return the Affidavit within three (3) days of notification attempt or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Potential Grand Prize winners and their respective guests may be subject to a background check at the sole discretion of Sponsor. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, any potential Grand Prize winner/guest may be disqualified (or for guest, not allowed to travel) if the background check indicates that the potential Grand Prize winner/guest : (a) has been charged with or convicted of a felony; (b) charged with or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or other conduct that Sponsor in its discretion determines may reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Sponsor; or (c) must not have been personally involved in interaction deemed by the Sponsor as negative with government/state child & family services/protection agencies. In such event, an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be determined (or an alternate guest may need to be selected by winner), time permitting. Entrants agree to provide any verification or authorizations necessary in connection with such background check. A 2019 1099 IRS Tax Form will be submitted on each Grand Prize winner’s behalf for the actual value of the Grand Prize.
8. GENERAL RULES AND LIABILITY RELEASE: Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters. All materials submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entrants (and anyone depicted in an Entry) understand and hereby grant and assign to Sponsor all rights in materials submitted to Sponsor, including without limitation the copyrights, right to print, publish, distribute, sell, advertise, and promote. Prizes are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a portion of a prize) with a prize of comparable or greater value if a prize (or a portion of a prize) is unavailable (except as specifically stated above for meal with Oprah). All federal, state and local income taxes, gratuities, incidental expenses, meals, telephone calls, fees or charges for changing dates, transportation and other costs and expenses relating to the use or acceptance of prizes not expressly listed are the sole responsibility of winners. Travel insurance is not included. Guest of each Grand Prize winner must be 21 years of age or older in order to travel. Grand Prize winners’ guests will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to departure. Grand Prize trips must be taken on Sponsor-selected dates in June 2019 or on the dates specified by Sponsor; dates of departure and return are subject to change and are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to: (a) use entrant’s name and likeness, Photograph and Entry and publish all materials submitted, (b) alter, amend, edit or change Entry prior to publication, (c) use, publish, reproduce, alter, amend and copyright materials for purposes of advertising, promotions, and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and (d) to modify, adapt or reproduce all materials (including Entry) in full, or to crop all materials for reproduction and use Entry in any way they see fit for advertising and promotions in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without any further compensation, consideration, permission or notification except where prohibited by law. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants and winners agree to release and hold Sponsor (and its affiliates), Administrator, OWN LLC, Harpo, Inc., Oprah Winfrey, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in the Contest or use of any prize. Entrants and winners/guests assume all liability for any injury, death, loss or damage of any kind caused by, or claimed to be caused by, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, arising from or in connection with participation in this Contest or the acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of any prize won, or participation in any prize-related activities. As a condition of entering the Contest, entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor, its agencies and the Administrator to use winners’ names, likenesses and/or Entry for purposes of advertising, promotions, trade and editorial (including print, online, and broadcast media, etc.,) without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Not responsible for faulty, incorrect or mistranscribed phone/e-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Contest. If any malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Contest, or if for any other reason Sponsor in its discretion determines that the Contest cannot be conducted as anticipated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, reserve the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest (or any portion thereof) and determine the winners based on the judging criteria above from all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final. Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or announcement of any prize or in the administration of the Contest. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind by Sponsor and Administrator, express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
10. WINNERS: For the names of winners available, after February 1, 2019, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by March 1, 2019 to: The WW Gift of Health Contest Winners, Dept. MB, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
11. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is WW North America Holdings, Inc., 675 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010. The Administrator of this Contest is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.