Applicant Privacy Notice | WW USA
Applicant Privacy Notice
Effective January 1, 2023
This notice describes the categories of applicant personal information (“PI”) collected by WW International, Inc. (“Company”) and the purposes for which PI may be used. We are providing this notice to you in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Collection of PI
Categories Of PI Collected
Identifiers and Contact information. This category includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, mobile numbers, email addresses, dates of birth, Social Security numbers, driver’s license or state identification numbers, and other similar contact information and identifiers.
Purposes for Which PI is Used and Shared
Additional information about sensitive personal information. Social Security number, driver’s license or state identification number, and protected classifications may qualify as “sensitive personal information” in some jurisdictions. The Company only uses this information for the purposes described above.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected and/or as required by law.
Disclosure of PI
To carry out the purposes outlined above, the Company may share information with the following categories of third parties:
- Company personnel and Affiliates. “Affiliate” means any person or entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Company.
- Service providers, including third parties that perform services on the Company’s behalf, such as recruitment providers, background check vendors, and third-party human resources and information technology vendors.
- Advisers and financial institutions, including auditors, notaries, business continuity support service providers, and legal, tax, and risk and compliance advisors.
- Government bodies, dispute resolution organizations, law enforcement agencies, or third parties if the Company believes, in good faith, that it is required to do so to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process, or where the Company has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to protect the Company’s rights or to protect the safety and/or security of others.
- With third parties in connection with a change to the control or financial status of the Company, including a corporate restructuring, sale, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, transfer, assignment of assets, or business merger or divestiture. Personal information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliates as part of that transaction.
In the past 12 months, we may have disclosed the following categories of PI to the categories of recipients below:
Categories Of Personal Information
Categories of Third Parties
|Identifiers and Contact information|
|Protected classification information|
|Professional and employment-related information|
The Company does not sell applicant personal information.
Depending on the jurisdiction where you reside, you may have certain rights with respect to the personal information the Company collects and processes about you. In particular, you may have the right to notice, upon collection, of the categories of personal information collected and the purposes for which the information will be used. The Company provides this notice through this Applicant Privacy Notice. In addition, you may have the following rights, subject to certain limitations:
- Access: You may have the right to access a copy of the categories and specific pieces of personal information that the Company has collected about you.
- Correction: You may have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that the Company holds about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
- Deletion: You may have the right to request that the Company delete or anonymize your personal information, with certain exceptions.
- No Retaliation: Where you are afforded the rights above, you also have the right to be free from discrimination for exercising such rights.
If you would like to exercise the rights above, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that the rights above may be limited or subject to certain exceptions. For example, we may refuse a request to access certain personal information in some cases, such as if providing access might infringe someone else’s rights. Similarly, we may refuse a request to delete certain personal information where deletion might impact our legal obligations.
If you have questions about the Company’s privacy policies and procedures, or rights you may have concerning your personal information, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.