Meal Builders: Omelet
There’s a lot of protein in an egg! Whip ‘em up any time, with these tasty add-ins.
Published December 4, 2017
|Uncooked egg whites|
STIR IN A FEW
1/4 c low-fat|
1 Tbsp soft|
2 oz chopped or|
Spinach and onions,|
sautéed with 1 tsp oil
BOOST THE FLAVOR
Chopped tomatoes |
We made 3 SmartPoints value Goat Cheese, Spinach, and Tomato Omelet with these ingredients:
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup each chopped spinach and onion sautéed in 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes with scallions
- 1 Tbsp soft goat cheese
OTHER IDEAS TO TRY
- To test if your pan is hot enough, sprinkle a drop of water on pan— it should sizzle and evaporate immediately.
- Loosen and lift cooked eggs from edge of pan to allow uncooked egg to run onto the hot surface to cook.
- Add fresh herbs and soft, creamy fillings like goat cheese at end of cooking time so they just wilt or melt.
- Go Mexican with fat-free salsa, peppers, low-fat cheddar. Go Greek with spinach, onions, feta. Go Italian with part-skim mozzarella, basil, tomato.