2015 MARKS THE FIFTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR WEIGHT WATCHERS IS RANKED “BEST WEIGHT-LOSS DIET” BY U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT
The World’s Leading Provider of Weight Management Services Builds on Success of the Human Connection with Never Before Offered Ways to do Weight Watchers Anytime, Anywhere
NEW YORK, NY (January 6, 2015) – Weight Watchers (NYSE: WTW) has once again been recognized by the experts in the 2015 Best Diets rankings released today by U.S. News & World Report. Weight Watchers® earned the top spot in three categories:
- Ranked #1 for “Best Weight Loss Diet” for the fifth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 for “Best Commercial Diet Plan” for the fifth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 for “Easiest Diet to Follow” for the fourth consecutive year since the category was added
U.S. News’ panel of health experts, including nutritionists and physicians specializing in diabetes, heart health and weight loss, scored each diet for short- and long-term weight loss, ease of compliance, safety and nutrition. Diets were ranked in eight categories, including diabetes and heart disease prevention and control, as well as easiness to follow and likelihood of weight loss. For more information about the rankings, visit Best Diets 2015. The consecutive top rankings are consistent with the clinical evidence of the effectiveness of the Weight Watchers approach, which is based on decades of research.
Since the Best Diet rankings were introduced in 2010, Weight Watchers has introduced a number of innovations that help support effective weight management. For several consecutive years, the Weight Watchers approach continues to deliver on weight loss, healthy eating and easiest diet to follow. To make it easy to sync with popular activity monitors, Weight Watchers announced in September seamless syncing for its subscribers with activity monitors including Fitbit® and Jawbone® and apps, bringing millions of fitness wearable users the opportunity for a more complete and integrated weight loss experience. The integration was a significant move by Weight Watchers towards integrating with third- party open APIs.
To continue to provide members with more choice, flexibility and customization, Weight Watchers recently introduced new digital features and a new offering:
- Essentials, the enhanced digital offering for all members with a subscription (to the online plan or those who attend meetings via a subscription plan) who can experience on-demand support through 24/7 Expert Chat. This greatly enhances the value proposition by providing a human connection in the online offering for the first time. Members who attend meetings via subscription also will be able to access this on demand support along with the power of shared learning they find in the meeting room.
- Personal Coaching: For the first time, members will have access to a dedicated Weight Watchers-certified Coach who can provide one-on-one support tailored to the member’s lifestyle and schedule. All of the nearly 4,000 coaches available have lost weight on the program, so they can relate to the challenges members face along the journey. It includes an initial assessment to help the coach learn more about the member’s lifestyle; an initial phone conversation to talk about the member’s goals and develop a customized action plan; and unlimited access to a coach via phone and email, as well as text message encouragement unique to their action plan.
Those interested in experiencing Essentials or Personal Coaching + Essentials can take advantage of a Join for Free Offer (when they purchase a subscription) available for a limited time. For more information, visit WeightWatchers.com.
“We’re honored to be recognized at the highest level for five straight years by the experts at U.S. News & World Report,” said Lesya Lysyj, President of North America, Weight Watchers. “The motivation, accountability and support we provide to millions of members around the world are crucial to navigating our complex relationship with food. With the introduction of 24/7 Expert Chat through Essentials and one- on-one Personal Coaching, we look forward to continuing to bring the power of our human connection to people through innovative and more personalized ways.”
# # #
About Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Weight Watchers International, Inc. is the world’s leading provider of weight management services, operating globally through a network of Company-owned and franchise operations. Weight Watchers holds more than 40,000 meetings each week where members receive group support and learn about healthy eating patterns, behavior modification and physical activity. Weight Watchers provides innovative, digital weight management products through its websites, mobile sites and apps. Weight Watchers is the leading provider of digital weight management products in the world. In addition, Weight Watchers offers a wide range of products, publications and programs for those interested in weight loss and weight control.