Food & nutrition
Chicken stir fry with cashew nuts
Published 1 February, 2016
Dine in at home with this delicious Chinese inspired stir fry that can be prepped and cooked in 40 minutes.
8 SmartPoints® per serving|
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 15 min
2 teaspoon sunflower oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500g chicken breast, skinless, raw, excess fat trimmed, cut into 2cm cubes
2 chicken stock cubes, dissolved in 300ml hot water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 sticks celery, cooked, trimmed, finely chopped
250g bamboo shoots, canned and drained
250g water Chestnuts, canned, drained
1 1⁄2tablespoons cornflour
320g easy cook white rice, boiled, kept warm
50g cashew nuts, roasted
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until brown.
- Add 240ml stock, soy sauce, celery, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Dissolve cornflour in remaining stock. Add cornflour mixture to wok. Simmer, stirring, until sauce thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice among dishes. Spoon chicken mixture onto rice and sprinkle with cashews.