All about the NEW myWW+
Last year, we brought you myWW, our most customised programme ever. After all, when it comes to losing weight, everyone’s needs are different: what works well for your sister, coworker, or best friend may not work as well for you.
With brand new (and super exciting!) tools and features, we’re taking our personalised approach to the next level with myWW+.
See myWW+ in action
What is myWW+?
We know there’s a connection between weight loss and healthy eating, but that’s not the complete picture. That's why myWW+ looks at several elements to bring you a holistic approach to losing weight.
Our myWW+ programme is about helping you get healthier and feel better. It starts with a brand new personal assessment, where we get to know your food preferences, activity level, sleep habits, lifestyle, and more. At the end, you’ll get a personalised action plan with insight into your overall wellness. We’ll identify the areas where you’re strong and where you could use a boost, so you can focus on the elements that will matter most along your journey.
Learn more about the new features
If you're new to WW, you'll be matched with a food plan that's right for you (Green, Blue, or Purple) as well as a list of ZeroPoint™ foods, which you don’t have to weigh or track. (Think fruits, veggies, lentils, salmon, chicken and potatoes, depending on your colour plan). And if your plan's no longer working for your lifestyle? Just switch!
You'll also get access to the suite of new tools in the WW app, designed to help make your weight loss journey easier. Here's a summary of the fab new features at your fingertips in the WW app:
- NEW 'What's in Your Fridge' meal planner which suggests recipes using what you have on hand
- NEW in-depth progress report and weekly check-in that measures your success on and off the scale
- NEW enhanced activity dashboard with a new way to view your FitPoints® plus guided workouts from FitOn and Aaptiv
- NEW 5-Minute Coaching audio that delivers bite-sized behaviour change techniques for your busy life
- NEW personalised recipes with ideas based on what you like to eat and how many SmartPoints® you have left
- NEW science-backed sleep tools that help you get a good night’s sleep every night
How does each myWW+ plan work?
Each colour has a unique balance of SmartPoints and ZeroPoint™ foods:
Green has a sizable SmartPoints Budget and 100+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits and non-starchy veggies).
Blue has a moderate SmartPoints Budget and 200+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits, veggies, and lean proteins).
Purple has a modest SmartPoints Budget and 300+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits, veggies, lean proteins, and wholegrains).
What can I eat?
Plenty! By combining your SmartPoints Budget with your ZeroPoint foods, you'll always have tons of options. Want some meal ideas to get you started? Try our new 'What’s in Your Fridge?' meal-planning feature. You tell us what you’ve got, and we’ll whip up a delicious idea to get you started.
Which approach will help me lose the most weight?
All of them. No, really.
After two-plus years of research and extensive testing with over 20,000 members around the globe, we learned that members on Green, Blue, and Purple achieved equal and consistent weight losses.
No colour is better than another; they're just flexible in different ways. Some people find a long list of ZeroPoint foods works best for them. Others would rather have more SmartPoints to spend. The one that’s best is the one that gives you the most flexibility, because that's the one that will be the most liveable for you.
Can I switch colours if I want to?
Absolutely! But we recommend giving it two weeks before you make a change. That’s how long it can take to get used to a whole new way of eating, and understand whether your colour fits your lifestyle and if it will help you meet your goals.
If you decide that switching is what’s best for you, you can do it anytime right in the app. Go to your My Day screen and tap on the profile icon in the top right corner. Then tap the settings icon (top right corner) and select "Food settings" then "Food plan".
What research went into myWW+?
The myWW+ programme was nearly three years in the making. We took the myWW programme you know and love, and added new tools designed to make weight loss easier. By making the programme even more personalised, myWW+ provides more accountability and more support than ever before.
It's based on extensive research into what members want and need in order to be successful, along with insights and trends from around the globe. We then collaborated with our Global Science team to understand where those trends overlapped with science. All three plans were tried and tested with almost 20,000 members globally through interviews, concept testing, pilots and clinical trials.
SmartPoints: smarter, and more holistic, than counting calories.
- The SmartPoints value is one simple number that represents the amount of calories, protein, sugar, and saturated fat in a food.
- Sugar and saturated fat raise SmartPoints value. Protein lowers it.
- The higher the SmartPoints, the more attention you'll want to pay to portions. (Don't worry, we'll help you with that.)
ZeroPoint foods: Build meals and snacks around these nutritious foods.
- The foods on each ZeroPoint list (100+ for Green, 200+ for Blue, and 300+ for Purple) were specifically chosen by our nutrition team as "go-to" foods.
- These are the foods you can feel comfortable reaching for because they form the foundation for a healthy pattern of eating (which is good!) and they are much less likely to be overeaten than other foods (also good).
- You don't have to weigh, measure, or track ZeroPoint foods.
FitPoints: What SmartPoints are to food, FitPoints are to exercise.
- You earn FitPoints for all physical activities, from running and resistance training to activity in disguise, like gardening or cleaning your house.
- You’ll receive a personalised weekly FitPoints goal based on your current activity level.
- You can use FitPoints as a way to see progress as you get fitter. Or you can swap them for SmartPoints.
- Every time you track activity, you earn Wins that you can redeem for really cool rewards.