WEIGHT WATCHERS INTRODUCES WW FLEX™:
New programme boasts more than 200 zero Points® foods including eggs, seafood, beans, and skinless chicken breast.
London (12 November 2017) – Today, Weight Watchers UK launches WW Flex, a new programme that builds on the highly successful and effective SmartPoints® system, making it the most flexible and liveable programme ever. WW Flex gives people more freedom to enjoy food by expanding zero Points foods to a list of more than 200 delicious, satisfying foods. In a six-month clinical trial, WW Flex produced better weight loss results among participants than in clinical trials of previous Weight Watchers programmes.
“I’m really enjoying Weight Watchers Flex, I’ve not only lost weight, but I feel great,” said member and busy mum of two boys, Louise Tompkins. “I can also rollover SmartPoints for the weekend or a special event and it completely fits my lifestyle.”
As always with Weight Watchers, no food or drink is off limits, and now members have the freedom to eat many more foods without tracking or measuring, including eggs, all fresh fish and seafood, skinless chicken and turkey breast, fat free plain yogurt, beans, peas, sweetcorn, lentils and tofu. For even more flexibility, up to four unused SmartPoints a day will be rolled over into a member’s weekly bank to use as they wish.
“The Weight Watchers programme is always based on the latest nutritional, activity and psychological science and current health guidelines,” said Zoe Griffiths, Head of Programme and Public Health at Weight Watchers. “WW Flex expands our range of zero Points foods to guide members toward a healthier pattern of eating. It offers the freedom and flexibility they need to make significant lifestyle changes that have positive benefits beyond just weight loss. The results are the best we’ve ever seen for a Weight Watchers programme in a clinical trial.”
In a six-month clinical trial of the Weight Watchers Flex programme, participants experienced significant benefits both on and off the scale1:
- Participants experienced an average weight loss of 7.9 percent after six months
- 93.6 percent of participants agreed Weight Watchers Flex helps them feel healthier
- Nearly three out of four participants were satisfied with their weight loss progress at six months
- Participants reported significant reductions in food cravings and hunger
- Among those who reported trying to lose weight in the past, 82.2 percent of participants agreed that Flex is easier to do and 92.6 percent agree it gives them more flexibility in their food choices compared to other times they’ve tried to lose weight in the past
“We are always looking to make the programme even simpler, healthier and more liveable for our members.,” said Chris Stirk General Manager of Weight Watchers UK. “Weight Watchers Flex encourages you to enjoy food with freedom, find what moves you physically, and gives you the skills to shift your mindset so you can focus on what really matters on your weight loss journey - taking care of yourself and living your life the way you want to.“
For more information on Weight Watchers Flex, please visit www.weightwatchers.com/uk/
With our proven SmartPoints system, FitPoints™ to get you moving and techniques to shift your mindset, combined with our fantastic app, a supportive and inspiring community of people in ‘Connect’, and 24/7 support from Coaches who have been in your shoes, we have everything you need to achieve your weight loss goals.
With Weight Watchers Flex:
- you get a completely personalised approach for healthy weight loss, with a tailored SmartPoints budget (made up of a daily and weekly allowance, and FitPoints for activity). It’s not a one-size-fits-all approach.
- it’s simple, with a sensible, go-to list of over 200 zero Point foods including lean proteins and fruits and vegetables, that you can eat until you are full and a SmartPoints budget that you can spend on anything else you want.
- all foods are in, you have the flexibility to eat what you want, any day, any time to fit with your life.
- you take control of what you eat and learn healthy habits for life.
- It’s easy to eat out and on the go and still make healthy choices, meaning socialising or working away need never be a problem.
- you are supported with proven tools and techniques to shift your mindset - so you can focus on what really matters on your weight loss journey - taking care of yourself and living your life the way you want to.
- you’ll be encouraged to find what moves you and will can achieve your goals with unique FitPoints to support your fitness.
you have access to every healthy living tool you can imagine including our enhanced app with barcode scanner, Connect and Online Coach.