Zucchini, feta, tomato and rice frittata
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
1 bunch(es), trimmed
Cooked brown rice
1½ cup(s), (280g)
75 g, chopped
40 g, (kalamata), pitted, chopped
2 small, coarsely grated
Reduced fat feta cheese
50 g, crumbled
2 tbs, finely chopped
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
4 cup(s), (120g)
½ small, thickly sliced
1 medium, halved, thinly sliced
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 22cm (base measurement) round cake tin with oil and line base with baking paper.
- Heat half the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat.
- Boil, steam or microwave spinach until wilted. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain, squeezing out excess water. Coarsely chop.
- Place rice, onion mixture, spinach, tomatoes, olives, zucchini, feta and basil in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and milk in a jug. Add egg mixture to spinach mixture and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared tin and smooth surface. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and just set.
- Meanwhile, place rocket, avocado, cucumber, remaining oil and vinegar in a bowl and toss to combine. Serve frittata cut into wedges with rocket salad.