Warm eggplant and pomegranate salad
3 large, ends trimmed, cut into 1cm-thick slices
Wholemeal pita bread
2 large, (2x68g)
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 medium, seeds removed
1 tbs, pomegranate
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill on medium-high. Place the eggplant in a large bowl. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the spice mix. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Cook eggplant on barbecue, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Lightly spray the pita breads with oil. Cook on the barbecue for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool slightly. Break into large pieces.
- Arrange eggplant, crispy pita, parsley and mint on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- In a small jug, whisk the pomegranate molasses with the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad. Sprinkle with lemon rind and serve immediately.