1½ tbs, or canola oil
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
2 tsp, grated
Fresh green chilli
2 whole, deseeded, finely chopped
½ cup(s), (100g) red variety
Canned diced tomatoes
400 g, (1 x 400g can)
Vegetable stock, liquid, salt-reduced
1½ cup(s), (375ml)
Pumpkin, butternut, raw
800 g, cut into 3cm pieces
Chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained
1 can(s), 400g size can, (1 x 400g can)
Canned red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
1 can(s), (1 x 400g can)
Frozen green peas
1 cup(s), (120g)
1 medium, coarsely grated
¼ cup(s), finely chopped
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
1 cup(s), (240g)
½ cup(s), leaves
1 medium, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook onion, garlic, ginger and chilli, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garam masala and curry leaves and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add lentils, tomatoes, stock and pumpkin and bring to a simmer. Transfer to a 4.5L (18 cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low for 5 hours (or high for 2.5 hours).
- Add chickpeas, kidney beans and peas and cook, covered on high, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, to make the cucumber raita, squeeze excess liquid from the cucumber. Place in a bowl with mint and yoghurt and stir to combine.
- Top dhal with raita and coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.