2 medium, finely chopped
2 tsp, mixed variety
Dried chilli flakes
2 clove(s), finely chopped
Turkey breast mince
2 slice(s), (processed to make 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs)
1 medium, lightly beaten
400 g, (weighed peeled), cut into chunks
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray an 8 cm x 20 cm (base measurement) loaf tin with oil and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Lightly spray a large frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook onions, herbs and chilli for 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions have softened (add a splash of water if they start to catch on base of pan). Add garlic and cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Add mince, breadcrumbs and egg to onions and mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly press mixture into prepared loaf tin. Place into a deep roasting tin.
- Pour enough boiling water into the roasting tin to come halfway up sides of loaf tin. Bake for 30–35 minutes, until meatloaf starts to shrink away from sides of tin. Stand in tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a baking paper–lined baking tray. Spread tomato sauce over top and sides of meatloaf. Return to oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Slice meatloaf into 8 slices and serve with mash.