Fresh red chilli
1 whole, deseeded
Dry rice noodles
100 g, vermicelli variety
400 g, finely shredded
1 medium, halved lengthways, sliced
1 piece(s), pale section, finely chopped
Turkey breast mince
1½ cup(s), (120g), trimmed
1 individual, cut into thin strips
2 tbs, (unsalted), chopped
¼ cup(s), leaves
1 medium, cut into wedges to serve
- Thinly slice half the chilli and finely chop the remaining half.
- Cook noodles following packet instructions or until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain again. Using scissors, coarsely chop noodles.
- Arrange cabbage and cucumber on a serving platter.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add oil and heat for 30 seconds. Stir-fry lemongrass and chopped chilli for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add turkey mince and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cooked. Add fish sauce and lemon juice and stir-fry to combine. Toss through noodles and bean sprouts. Spoon over cabbage and cucumber.
- Top with shallot, sliced chilli, peanuts and mint. Serve with lime wedges.