Tropical coconut tart
Reduced-fat shortcrust pastry
130 g, (1 sheet)
¾ cup(s), (185ml), coconut-flavoured
160 ml, (2/3 cup)
Paw paw or papaya
¼ medium, thinly sliced
10 individual, halved
½ medium, thinly sliced
Coconut, grated and desiccated
20 g, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line base and sides of an 11.5cm x 34cm (base measurement) tart tin with removable base with pastry. Trim excess pastry. Place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Place tin on a baking tray. Line pastry case with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice or dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are light golden. Remove weights and paper. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until base is golden.
- Combine milk, cream and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small bowl. Whisk until gelatine has dissolved. Stir gelatine into coconut mixture. Pour gelatine mixture into pastry case and place in fridge for 3 hours or overnight until set.
- Arrange papaya, lychees and mango over tart. Sprinkle with coconut to serve.