Thai prawn and pumpkin salad
Raw peeled prawns
500 g, peeled, medium size, tails intact
1 tsp, grated
300 g, cut into 2cm pieces
1 stick(s), thinly sliced
3 individual, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), leaves separated
¼ cup(s), (Thai) leaves
¼ cup(s), leaves
Fresh red chilli
1 whole, deseeded, thinly sliced
Unsalted roasted cashew nuts
¼ cup(s), (40g) unsalted, chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine prawns, soy sauce and ginger in a medium bowl. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until tender.
- Place juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Set dressing aside to cool.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook prawns, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until prawns change colour and are just cooked through.
- Combine pumpkin, prawns, celery, shallots, lettuce, basil, mint and dressing in a large bowl and toss gently to combine. Serve salad topped with chilli and cashews.