2 hr 25 min
Perfect dessert on a hot summer’s night, this sweet and fresh strawberry mousse is a pink, creamy delight!
375 g, (250g halved, plus 125g extra to serve)
¼ cup(s), (55g)
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
1½ cup(s), (360g)
- Combine strawberries, 1 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until strawberries soften and start to release their juices.
- Process strawberry mixture in a food processor until smooth. Strain strawberry mixture into a large bowl.
- Place 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small bowl and sprinkle over gelatine. Whisk until gelatine has dissolved. Add gelatine to strawberry mixture and stir to combine. Stir in yoghurt.
- Using electric beaters, beat egg white in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time, beating until sugar has dissolved. Gently fold egg white mixture into strawberry mixture.
- Divide strawberry mixture among four 1-cup (250ml) capacity serving glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2 hours or until set. Serve topped with extra strawberries.
Modern twist: Raspberry & lime mousse: Swap strawberries for frozen raspberries. Add 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest and 1 tablespoon lime juice to raspberry mixture in Step 2.