Strawberry and pear bread and butter pudding
1 x 3 second spray(s)
3 small, (500g), peeled, cored, thickly sliced
1½ cup(s), (375ml)
Vanilla bean paste
8 slice(s), (8x35g), crusts removed, halved diagonally
⅓ cup(s), strawberry
250 g, hulled, thickly sliced
1 tsp, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray eight 1-cup (250ml) capacity ovenproof dishes with oil.
- Place the pear in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered, for 7 minutes or until the pear is tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk the milk, eggs, egg whites and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread one side of the bread with the jam. Arrange half the bread slices, jam-side up, slightly overlapping, in the prepared dishes. Top with half the pear and strawberries. Repeat layering with the remaining bread and fruit. Pour over the egg mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the puddings are golden and set. Stand for 20 minutes to cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature dusted with icing sugar.