Steak with kale, barley and roasted chickpeas
½ cup(s), (115g)
¼ cup(s), (20g)
Shredded or desiccated coconut
¼ cup(s), (20g), shredded
Chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained
1 can(s), 400g size can, (400g can)
Lean beef rump steak
400 g, (Buy 500g)
¼ cup(s), (40g)
150 g, or kale and spinach leaves
1 medium, cut into wedges to serve
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 240°C. Place barley in a medium saucepan and cover with boiling water. Simmer over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, line a large and a small baking tray with baking paper. Place almond and coconut on small prepared tray. Bake for 1-2 minutes or until just golden.
- Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, oil and curry powder in a bowl. Spread onto second prepared tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, preheat a lightly oiled barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Season beef with salt and pepper. Cook beef for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Combine barley, currants, kale, almond, coconut and chickpeas in a large bowl. Toss gently, place steak on top and serve with lemon wedges.