Spinach and semi-dried tomato stuffed chicken
Skinless chicken breast
800 g, (buy 4*250g fillets), fat trimmed
Baby spinach leaves
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
300 g, fresh
Semi dried tomatoes, not in oil
50 g, (50g), chopped
2 tsp, finely grated
Prosciutto fat trimmed
8 slice(s), (100g), thin
720 g, (chat)
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tbs, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place 1 chicken fillet, breast-side down, on a clean work surface. Cut along the thickest part (don’t cut all the way through). Open out to sit flat. Place the chicken between two sheets of baking paper and gently pound with a rolling pin until 1cm thick. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Place the spinach in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 30 seconds or until wilted. Refresh under cold running water. Drain. Squeeze excess water from the spinach and finely chop. Combine the spinach, ricotta, tomato and lemon zest in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a quarter of the ricotta mixture along the centre of each piece of chicken. Roll to enclose the filling. Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each chicken roll and secure in place with toothpicks.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a large baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove toothpicks. Slice the chicken into 2cm-thick rounds.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a saucepan filled with boiling water over high heat. Boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and toss with the remaining oil and parsley.