Spicy tomato omelette
There’s something magic about the simple combination of fresh tomatoes and garlic. Here they’re lightly sautéed to bring out the flavour, then enclosed in a tender omelette. Fast, tasty and satisfying!
1 clove(s), crushed
200 g, halved
2 tsp, chopped
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Chop ½ red onion. Lightly spray a medium
- non-stick pan with oil and heat over medium heat.
- Cook onion, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, until soft.
- Add 1 crushed garlic clove and 200g halved
- cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring, for a further
- 2 minutes or until tomatoes have softened
- slightly. Stir in ¼ teaspoon tabasco sauce,
- season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a
- plate and set aside. Whisk 4 eggs, 2 tablespoons
- skim milk and 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly
- spray the same pan again with oil and heat over
- medium heat. Pour in egg mixture, swirling to
- cover base of pan. Cook for about 5 minutes or
- until egg is almost set. Spoon tomato mixture
- over half the omelette, then fold the unfilled
- side over filling. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes,
- until filling is heated through and omelette is set.
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives.
- Carefully slide omelette from the pan and cut in
- half to serve.