Spiced lamb gozleme
PersonalPoints™ per serving
1 hr 30 min
Gozleme is a savoury traditional hand made Turkish pastry. Our lamb version tastes great served with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
½ small, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
Lean lamb mince
150 g, extra lean
1 medium, wedges to serve
- To make the dough, sift flour and salt into a medium bowl and make a well in the centre. Add half the oil and 2/3 cup (160ml) water and mix with a wooden spoon and then your hands to make a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins or until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and rest for 30 mins.
- To make the filling, heat remaining oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring for 5 mins or until softened. Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add tomato paste and stir for a further 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to medium, add mince and cook, for 5 mins, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up lumps. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer to a heatproof bowl to cool completely.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Roll one portion out on a lightly floured surface to a 26cm round. Spread one quarter of the mince mixture over dough, leaving a 6cm border. Fold two sides of dough over filling, overlapping slightly. Fold other two sides over to cover filling completely. Press gently to seal. Repeat to make four gozleme.
- Preheat an oiled barbecue flat plate over medium high heat. Cook gozleme for 2-3 mins each side or until evenly browned. Cut each gozleme into four pieces. Serve with lemon wedges. TIP: You can also cook gozleme in a lightly oiled large heavy-based non-stick frying pan.