Spiced chicken, lentil and pumpkin salad
800 g, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
1 cup(s), (200g), french green
Cooked broad beans
2 cup(s), (300g), frozen
Skinless chicken breast
432 g, (buy 8 chicken tenderloins), fat trimmed
2 tsp, ground
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pumpkin on the tray. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cook the lentils in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold water and drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes or until heated through. Refresh under cold water and drain. Peel the beans.
- Place the chicken, cumin and fennel in a large bowl and toss to coat. Heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cover to keep warm and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Place the pumpkin, lentils, beans, parsley, mint, lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining oil in a large bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the chicken and serve with the pumpkin salad.